03 April 2024

Wecome...

Welcome to Reel Retro, my movie review blog.

I've been a movie buff since the early 1990's, and grew up at a time when VHS rental was the easiest way to watch films after they'd been released in cinemas. This is why the blog mainly covers films released from 1970 to 2000, however I have expanded the timeframe a little further either side, to highlight some films released both just before VHS videos were popular, and just after their popularity began to decline.

Some films and documentaries released after 2002 will be eligible for review, but only those which concern themselves with events taking place between 1968 to 2002. I will highlight in such reviews why each particular title is eligible.

I've opted not to have a rating system, as my views on some films may have changed over the years since I first watched them when new.

Enjoy Reel Retro, and while I'm sure that some of your favourites will be reviewed, I think that you may find new retro favourites too. For now, settle back with some popcorn and press play!...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.